Category Archives: The Last Age Before Jesus Returns
The Last Days Are Upon Us- “When Evil Is Good and Good Is Evil”
The Lord recently gave my wife a poem early one morning to portray that the last days are upon us. The Bible states ‘..the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people..‘ Is60:2. This poem certainly describes present-day America where pot is being legalized, where pornography proliferates, where gay marriages and civil unions are now legal in 24 of the 50 states, homosexuality prevalent, abortion common, decadent bestiality (sex with animals) rising, and debauchery soaring! PARTY TIME: On Dec 21, 2012, there were ‘End of the World Parties‘ being booked in many cities and countries!
The Christian voice and public prayers are all but muted, by vociferous complaints from a few God-hating individuals and organizations. Evil is now good, and good is now evil, but things will get even worse in the coming days! As God, the Bible, and prayer have been expelled from the public places and schools, Satan has gleefully entered in to fill the void, using others to do his dastardly deeds of killing people and destroying lives!
Case in point is the recent egregious massacre of 20 innocent children and 7 adults in Newtown, CT. Here, a demon-possessed youth, well-honed in the mind-addicting and diabolic computer war games, went from virtual reality to actual killing. This demoniac slaughtered the lives of these precious and beautiful children; lives with great potential, and innocent loving adults who served these children. He also destroyed the lives of many others- related parents, husbands, siblings, relatives, and horrified an entire nation by this reprehensive and heinous killing! For some, the pain and hurt will never go away, being ingrained in their psyches for as long as they shall live. This incident is not much different from the Aurora, CO killing of 12 people and the injuring of 58 others in a theater showing the Batman movie Dark Knight Rises on July 25 less than 5 months ago. Today, there is no differentiation of good and evil, reality and fantasy, as Satan has blinded the eyes and minds of many people, especially these drugged and deranged killers!
The Lord, who gave this poem, certainly sees and knows everything that goes on. So everyone will one day be held accountable in the Day of Judgment for their own deeds, and many not found in the book of life shall be cast into the lake of fire forever Re20:15! We will look into the Bible, the Word of God, to relate to what was written below:
WHEN EVIL IS GOOD AND GOOD IS EVIL by Elizabeth Au
The last days are upon us!
When evil is good and good is evil,
Adults do drugs and smoke pot with their kids
Both old and young alike become perverted
And society is grossly depraved
Men lusting after men, women after women
As in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah
Before God destroyed the cities by fire.
The last days are upon us!
When evil is good and good is evil,
Less clothes is cool with much exposed
But going bare is with everything showing is better
Though some are gawking and others object
They are driven by lunatic demons who do such things
But one man became of sound mind and put clothes on
When he met Jesus.
The last days are upon us!
When evil is good and good is evil,
To shed innocent blood and murder babies
And the infirm and elderly for convenience sake,
A mother tries to kill her reprobate daughter
A husband and 5 children will kill their mother
Since she left her faith to follow Christ
To kill Christians and Jews is to do God a favor.
The last days are upon us!
When evil is good and good is evil,
Men shall be lovers of selves as in the days of Noah
Partying and reveling in riotous living
Lovers of pleasures and haters of God
Changing the laws for the changing times
Making what was evil, good
And what was good, evil.
The last days are upon us!
There is no fear of God, but God is not mocked
Whatever a man sows is what he will reap.
So REPENT while there is still time
To have your name written in the Lamb’s Book of Life
For every man will be judged according to his works
And whosoever was not found written in the Book of life
Was cast into the Lake of Fire!
Here are some Bible scripture references to the poem above:
In the first stanza, it speaks of pervasive perversion by both old and young alike. In the days of Noah, society was so grossly depraved that God ‘repented that He made man on the earth. God saw that the wickedness of man was great.. every thought evil.. the earth was corrupt before God.. and filled with violence‘ Ge6:5,6,7,11. In the days of Lot, old and young men, small and great in Sodom desired to have perverted sex with the two angelic visitors of Lot, refusing Lot’s offer of his own two daughters instead Ge19:4,8,9,11. Jesus said when He shall return to earth, world conditions will be similar to the days of Noah Mt24:37-39 and to the days of Lot Lk17:27-29. Today, the earth is corrupt and filled with violence! Homosexuality has gone rampant as men lust after men, and women, after women Ro1:27. 2Ti3:3 speaks of people without natural affection in the last days. As God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah with brimstone and fire Ge19:24, would He not do the same to San Francisco or Las Vegas, or any other immoral city?
In the next stanza, it speaks of gross nudity or transvestite and cross-dressers, flaunting themselves publicly, such as in San Francisco, and in gay pride parades. This is happening all over America, especially in the month of June, which is officially dubbed ‘GAY PRIDE MONTH‘. Many of the participants are driven by lunatic demon spirits similar to ‘..a certain man which had devils a long time and ware no clothes‘ Lk8:27. Jesus cast the devils from him and he sought to be clothed. Paul wrote in the last days people will be ‘..unholy.. incontinent (without self-control)’ 2Ti3:2,3. There is no shame today. Anything goes!
In the 3rd stanza, in the last days, the innocent will be killed or murdered. This alludes to the US legalization of abortion, the killing of the unborn babies where since 1973, over 50 million babies have been killed, and to today’s strong move for euthanasia of the infirm and elderly. Ps106:38 states ‘they sacrificed their sons & their daughters unto devils, And shed innocent blood..‘. Then stories are being written of people killing their own children for becoming Christians. According to the Qur’an, it is OK to kill any infidel, like a Christian or Jew, or even one’s own family! It would be like doing Allah a favor!
In the 4th stanza, in the last days, men shall be lovers of selves. 2Ti3:1-2,4 state ‘..in the last days perilous times shall come, men lovers of their own selves.. lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God‘. As in the days of Noah, people today are partying & reveling in riotous living. Mt24:38 states ‘before the flood they were eating, drinking, marrying and giving in marriage‘. Also in the last days, people are changing the laws for the changing times, making what was evil, good- legalizing evil, such as sodomy, gay-rights, abortion, and drugs. Da7:25 speaks of the AntiChrist, who ‘shall speak great words against the most High.. and think to change times and laws‘. Is5:20 states ‘Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! Already the Bible, the 10 Commandments, God, and prayer have been outlawed from public places and the schools.
In the 5th and last stanza, in the last days, man will have no fear of God, but instead will mock Him. Ro3:18 states ‘There is no fear of God before their eyes‘. Ga6:7 tells ‘..God is not mocked: whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap‘. Jesus said ‘..except ye repent, ye shall also likewise perish‘ Lk13:3. We need to repent of our sins in order to have our names written in the Lamb’s Book of Life Re21:27. Jesus said ‘..I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by me‘ Jn14:6. Re20:13,15 tell ‘.. they were judged every man according to their works.. whosoever not found in the book of life shall be cast into the lake of fire‘.
Surely, The Last Days Are Upon Us- When Evil Is Good and Good Is Evil. 1Ti4:1 states ‘Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils’. Then 2Ti3:1-5 list the conditions existing in the last days: ‘This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away’. 2Ti3:12-13 continue ‘Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived’. We are indeed living in the last days and in the latter times where seducing spirits, evil and deception abound. All this will culminate into the Great Tribulation and the end of this age, before Jesus establishes His kingdom on earth! Amen!
APOCALYPTIC SIGNS OF THE ENDTIMES
There are many apocalyptic signs today heralding that we are living in the last days. This post is Part II, continuation of The Last Days of the Last Age Before Jesus Christ Returns Part I that began over two weeks ago. It was postponed in order to write about Superstorm Sandy- the Angry Fury of God’s Wrath. Sandy wreaked great havoc and unimaginable suffering over the large northeast population corridor of the US. Because God is in control of the world and the weather, Sandy was a sure sign of God’s displeasure and judgment upon America- for rejecting Him and forsaking His ways.
AMERICA IN DEEP DECLINE AND UNDER GREAT FINANCIAL DISTRESS
The American people have recently chosen whom they want to lead them as their president for the next four years, and this is what he faces- an America in decline and under great financial distress! Even now, it has been reported that for October 2012 the US budget deficit was $120 billion. Before the year 2008, this DOLLAR amount would have been considered a terrible deficit for any given year. But it now appears that the US is heading for its fifth $1 trillion budget deficit in as many years in FY2013, in runaway spending and shortage of tax receipts! In just 4 years, our national debt in a runaway mode has ballooned 60% from $10 trillion to $16 trillion. The US budget deficit will soon bring about a sharp downgrade of the US Treasury Bond rating, causing interest rates to rise sharply, the FRB Zero Interest Rate Policy (ZIRP) not withstanding. It will further exacerbate our weakening US economy, bring further disdain and weakness to the US$ as the world’s reserve currency, and cause a deeper recession!
America’s Coming Fiscal Cliff has now come front and center stage in our nation’s political and economic life, and the US Congress that has brought us this problem with their reckless spending over the decades, is now hard pressed to decide what to do to prevent America from crashing and burning over the cliff! Proverbs 29:2 states ‘When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn‘.
Will America and the rest of the world survive a financial collapse or is it already too late? Will the situation in the Middle East quiet down, or an apocalyptic war will soon break out at any minute? Will the nations of the world armed to their teeth with nuclear warheads refrain from using them, or will they be employed as ‘weapons of last resort’? Here we will look at the signs pointing out that we are living in the last days of the last age before Jesus Christ returns.
SIGNIFICANT SIGNS OF THE LAST AGE BEFORE JESUS CHRIST RETURNS
The Bible characterizes the end of this age as when travel and knowledge shall be increased. The angel Gabriel told the prophet Daniel, ‘But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the TIME OF THE END; for many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased’ Dan4:12. With the advent of the Jet Age travel and the Computer Age, this prophecy given 2500 years ago is now being fulfilled today in the ‘TIME OF THE END‘! Here are some significant accounts and Bible prophecies fulfilled during the past 70 years since World War II that tell us that we are living in the last days of the last age of man’s incompetent and corrupt rule upon the earth:
- Age of Genocide– 1940s during WWII. Persecution. Germans slaughtered 6 million Jews; 3 million in Poland alone, just for being Jews.
- Age of the Mighty US$, the World Reserve Currency– 1944 agreed upon by 44 nations at Bretton Woods NH; supplanting the British Pound Sterling. US$ exchangeable into gold!
- The Atomic Age Began– Aug 1945, 2 small atomic bombs just 20 kilotons each destroyed two cities in Japan, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and killed nearly 250,000.
- World War II Ends in 1945– 45 million killed during war. Germany surrendered in May 1945; Japan Sep 2, 1945. For America, World War II lasted less than 4 yrs; began Dec 7, 1941.
- One World Government Arises– the United Nations formed on 26 June 1945.
- Israel A Nation– Became a nation after 2500 years of exile by UN declaration 14 May 1948. Is66:8 fulfilled ‘..shall a nation be born at once?’
- The Space Age Began– Russian launched Sputnik satellite in 1957. Neil Armstrong, 1st man on the moon Jul 1969. Hubble telescope launched 1990 to unlock the secrets of the universe.
- Israel Takes Control of Jerusalem- for 1st time in 2500 years, during the 6-day war of June 5, 1967. The times of the Gentiles fulfilled Lk21:24.
- Age of Weapons of Mass Destruction– In 1960s Russia test exploded a 100-megaton bomb, 5000 times stronger than those that fell on Japan.
- Today’s Nuclear Club Nations– US, Russia, UK, France, China, Israel, India, Iran, Pakistan, and N. Korea. Over 22,000 nuclear warheads now stockpiled!
- The Computer Age– Widespread use of high-speed computers began in 1960’s. Internet use has become ubiquitous since the 1990s.
- Age of Jet Travel- Also began in the 1960’s. Fulfillment of Da12:4- knowledge shall increase and people will travel greatly and widely!
- Age of Atheism-1962 Madelyn O’Hare expelled prayer, the Bible, and God from US public schools; The Pledge of Allegiance survived and still mentions America under God!
- Rise of Islam and Eastern Religions- U.S. and around world. Many Christians departing from the faith; great falling away 1Ti4:1, 2Th2:3.
- Age of Worthless US$$- 1971 Pres. Nixon closed gold window and denied foreign gov’ts from exchanging US$$ into gold. Since then, US$ is no longer backed by anything! It is just paper.
- Age of Abortion– 1973 US legalized abortion and 50 million babies killed the past 40 years. Worldwide- Estimated 46 million abortions annually.
- Age of AIDS and SARS- Since 1981 AIDS 15m deaths, 40m now infected. SARS– Spring 2003- 8000 infected, 735 deaths.
- Age of Pedophiles– Since 1990s Catholic Church embroiled in pedophilia scandal. Oct 2003 Boston archdiocese paid $85M to 120 people. Many litigations and suits still pending.
- The Internet Age– Since 1995 everyone wired together by the Internet- proliferation of email, information, web sites, and pornography.
- Age of Witchcraft- 2000 Harry Potter books open millions of children to witchcraft, seducing spirits and doctrines of devils 1Ti4:1. Halloween becoming a bigger holiday than Christmas!
- Age of International Terrorism– World Trade Center bombing 9/11/2001, 2726 killed. Twin Towers destroyed within one hour Re18:10,17,18. Increase in suicide bombings worldwide, Spain, London, Indonesia, Philippines..
- War On Terrorism– US invades Afghanistan Oct 2001 (still ongoing), and Iraq Mar 2003. Iraq War lasted 9 years and finally ended in 2012- twice as long as WWII!
- Age of Sodomy- Gay Sex decriminalized Summer 2003 by US Supreme Court. Gay Episcopal Bishop allowed Aug 6, 2003. Other protestant denominations also allow for homosexual ministers!
- Age of Legalized Gay Marriages – Since 2003, America goes gay! Nov 2012 20 states in US allow for Gay Marriages (9 states +DC) and for Civil Unions (11 other states).
- Great Indian Ocean Earthquake and Tsunami. Dec 2004 a 9.3 earthquake and waves up to 100 ft caused over 275,000 deaths in 15 countries.
- US Hit by Many Hurricanes– 2004 Hurricanes Charlie, Frances, Ivan, Jeanne. 2005 Hurricanes Katrina, Rita, Sam and Wilma.
- Oil Prices Soar $147 per Barrel– July 2008. May go higher if Israel makes a preemptive strike on Iran nuclear capabilities and war comes to the Middle East.
- The 2008 Subprime Mortgage Crash– Millions of US homes in default and hundreds of banks in trouble.
- Age of Giant US Companies Bankruptcy– 2008 Bear Stearns, Lehman Brothers, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Countrywide Financing, Merrill Lynch Brokerage, AIG, Washington Mutual, Wachovia Bank, IndyMac Bank, CitiGroup, General Motors, etc.
- The Great 2008 Recession Began– Unemployment near 10%- millions of home foreclosed, many business failed, and many personal bankruptcies.
- The Great Bernard Madoff Caper– Dec 2008 $50 billion swindled from 1000s of investors in the world’s largest Ponzi scheme ever.
- Age of Homelessness– A growing number of nearly 500,000 people in America are homeless, about 10,000 per state!
- Age of Quantitative Easing: QE1- Between Nov 2008 thru Nov 2010, the US Federal Reserve Bank printed $1.25 trillion to stimulate the US mortgage business, to support the stock market, and to prevent the US economy from collapsing.
- The 2009 Stock Market Crash– DJIA falls to 6469 on Mar 9, 2009, from a previous all-time high of 14614 on Oct 9, 2007.
- Age of US Bank Failures– Since late 2008 more than 445 banks failed and merged!
- America’s Disastrous Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill- Apr-Aug 2010, 500 million gallons of oil leaked from British Petroleum busted pipeline. The wildlife and our seafood source were destroyed.
- Sorceries, More Money Created Out of Thin Air Re18:23– US Federal Reserve Bank prints huge sums of paper money to save the US economy and banks. Over $16 trillion created since 2008 for economic stimulus, bailouts, bond-buying operations.
- Gold and Silver Prices Soar– Gold broke $1000 in Apr 2008, and now near $1800 Oct 2012. Silver also on a sharp rise.
- Sovereign Debt Crisis- Since 2010 PIIGS countries, Portugal, Ireland, Italy, Greece and Spain- near default and collapse under ballooning debts. Civil protests and riots rampant! 25% or higher unemployment rate very common. People suffering greatly due to sharp drop in living standards.
- Foreclosure Gate Opened– Since 2008, nearly 4 million homes foreclosed. Many cannot be processed due to sloppy underwriting under MERS.. many banks in trouble.
- Rise of the King of the East- China- #2 World Economic Power Aug 2010; surpassed Japan, now under a strong recession with a nearly 250% national debt to GDP.
- Increasing Poverty in America- Sep 2012 Dept of Agriculture reports nearly 47 million Americans on Food Stamps.
- QE2 Nov 2010 Quantitative Easing– 2nd time of printing more paper money to pay off debt with fiat money.
- Euro Currency Ready to Collapse– Created in 1999, the Euro is ready to fail due to great indebtedness of the 5 PIIGS European countries.
- The World Goes Gay..Marriages– Argentina, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Iceland, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, S. Africa, Spain, Sweden..
- 2010 Significant Earthquakes– Jan 12, 7.0 in Haiti, 200,000 killed. Others 8.8 off Chile- 7th strongest ever, Sumatra 7.7, Mindanao PI, 7.6, Bonin Island Japan 7.5, Vanuatu 7.6, etc.
- Age of Bankruptcies of US Cities and States. Since 2008 42 municipalities have filed for chapter 9 bankruptcy; re-sked of debts and pensions.
- US Military Goes Homosexual– Dec 2010 Congress repeals ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ directive with Pres Obama’s support.
- 2011 Arab Spring– Uprising of Muslim countries; Middle East North Africa and around Israel; Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Yemen, Syria, Jordan.. a great destabilization in the Middle East and now threatening the life of Israel!
- 2011 Mar 11- 9.0 Japan Earthquake. Over 21000 death; generated 20 ft Pacific tsunami. Nuclear meltdown of Fukushima looming! A significant and uncontrollable worldwide disaster brewing!
- 2012 US Widespread Summer Drought- comparable to the 1980s, 50s, and may be as bad as the Dust Bowl of the 1930s.
- Record US Debt Announced- Sep 2012 debt over $16 trillion, increase of 60% in 4 years.
- QE3 Federal Reserve Bank Sep 2012 – announced indefinite purchase of $40B/mo of mortgage-backed bonds. Total monthly QE- now $85 billion ea mo or $1 trillion in one yr!
- Superstorm Sandy Oct 29, 2012- A terrible and very costly storm devastated the NE US, affecting nearly 100 million people in 20 states! Nearly 200 killed. Cost over $100 billion.
- Rise of the Muslim Brotherhood- Nov 2012 another Mideast War looming against Israel. Tel Aviv under attack and Israeli Defense Force under high alert!
- America Coming Fiscal Cliff of Jan 2013. Bush-era tax cut phases out, sharp cuts in military and civilian programs. Unless Congress acts soon to postpone it, a deeper recession will result!
FUTURE COMING EVENTS PROPHESIED IN THE BIBLE
- Great Earthquakes Forecast– Lk21:11, Re6:12,16:18. Also many personal prophecies and visions of California sinking into the ocean.
- Great Drought Coming Hag1:11. California already in severe drought and getting worse. Where will her 38 million residents go when they run out of water?
- US Runaway Inflation– US$ losing value due to extreme money printing and debt. Soaring food and oil prices worldwide Re6:6!
- Daniel’s 70th Week– 70 weeks of years- 490 years determined upon Israel Dan9:24-27. Israel final 7 years to begin soon before Messiah returns.
- The Rise of the AntiChrist- The Man of Sin.. the son of Perdition 2Th2:3-12, ‘a beast rising out of the sea’ Re13:1, ‘speak great words against the Most High‘ Dan7:25-26, ‘exalt.. himself‘ Dan11:36-37.
- The Ezekiel Ch 38-39 War– Russia and neighboring Islamic countries to attack Israel. Will be defeated supernaturally with God’s intervention.
- Rapture of the Saints– Jesus secretly coming for His own, like a thief in the night 1Th4:16-18,5:2. Rapture– an Escape from the coming Great Tribulation Lk21:28,36, 1Th5:9, He2:3.
- Death of the US$- The world reserve currency since 1944 will collapse under severe and mounting national indebtedness Re18:2,9-19!
- New World Order Begins– Under the Antichrist rule, the man of sin 2Th2:3-12- the Beast, and his false prophet Re13:2-19.
- A One World Gov’t comprising of a One World Currency, One World Economy, One World Religion Re13:3,8,16-18.
- Great Tribulation Begins– Jesus foretold of the worse time ever to be living Mt24:21. Great misery lasting 1260 days/42 months Re12:6,14,13:5, with many killed.
- Mark of the Beast 666– All paper money no longer good. A mark issued in right hand or in the fore-head in order to buy/sell Re13:16. Great torment coming to those taking the mark 666 Re14:9,10.
- Tribulation Saints- Many beheaded for not worshipping the beast (the AntiChrist), or accepting his Mark 666 Re7:11, 20:4.
- Final War of Armageddon– Jesus will return to do battle with the beast (the AntiChrist) and his false prophet, cast them both alive in a lake of fire Re19:20, and utterly destroy their armies Zech14,
- Millennial Kingdom of Jesus Christ on Earth- 1000 yr reign of Jesus Christ. Satan bound, then loosed for a short while, and finally cast into the lake of fire. Re20:1-10.
- Great White Throne Judgment of God- All the dead shall be judged according to their works Re20:11-15.
- The Lake of Fire- Those who are not found in the book of life will be tormented day and night forever and cast into the lake of fire including death and hell Re20:10,14,15.
- The Manifestation of the Sons of God Like Jesus Christ- to rule & reign with Him for a 1000 years, and to inherit all things Ro8:19,29-30, 2Co3:18, Php2:15, Heb2:10, 1Jn3:1-3, Re20:6,21:7.
- The Beginning of the Endless Eternity- After the 1000 yr reign, a new heaven and a new earth will come forth, the old being passed away. ‘.. New Jerusalem coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband‘ Re21:1,2.
These events happening in world in the past 70 years since World War II tell us that we are living in the last days in a world that is literally falling apart. But there are still deadly more events to come. According to the Bible, there will be an increase in the frequency and intensity of earthquakes and other natural disasters. Man’s inability to govern himself and also live in peace with his neighbors is a telling harbinger of war and doom to come. Unlike never before, the major nations of the world today are in grave financial trouble, besieged with unbearable monetary debts, which will in turn cause a great worldwide economic collapse. This will then usher in the AntiChrist’s One World Government.
God hates idolatry, immorality and homosexuality. As God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah Ge19:24, He will also destroy the earth, for the whole world has gone into whoredom. Jesus likened the endtimes as in the days of Noah Mt24:37, when corruption and violence were rife Ge6:11, such as today. Thus God will destroy the earth again; this time not by water, but by fire as stated by the apostle Peter 2Pe3:10-12. The fire Peter wrote about suggests the detonation of nuclear warheads, for ‘the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up’. Jesus warned ‘Except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish’ Lk13:3.
We are nearing the end of this age when all Bible prophecies written therein will be fulfilled. Our only hope and help is in the Lord Jesus Christ. Apart from Him, there is no salvation of either our body or our soul Ac4:12. Jn3:16 states ‘For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not PERISH, but have everlasting life’. Without Jesus, who died for our sins and now lives, no one can be saved. Only Jesus can deliver us from the wrath to come 1Th1:10, by the Rapture of the Saints 1Th4:16-18, Tit2:13. We are indeed living in the last days of the last age before Jesus Christ returns to the earth to rule all of mankind. In the last words of the Bible, Jesus said ‘.. Surely I come quickly’ Re22:20.. ‘Even so, come Lord Jesus. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.’ Re22:21.
The Last Age Before Jesus Returns
Many people are wondering whether we are living in the last days of the last age before Jesus Christ returns to earth. With the economic systems in America and Europe ready to collapse due to their great monetary indebtedness, an incipient war brewing in the Middle East, and with many nations armed to their teeth with nuclear warheads, many are wondering whether we are living in the endtimes. Even now, there is a monster storm named HURRICANE SANDY moving north along the northeast corridor off the Atlantic Seaboard where over 50 million people are living. This hurricane is appropriately dubbed FRANKENSTORM, in deference to the coming Halloween holiday- a day of celebration of Satan and his demonic forces- ghosts and goblins, which the world is unwittingly caught up in! Could this monster apocalyptic storm FRANKENSTORM be a sign of God’s great displeasure with America? Is God trying to get our attention or to tell us something?
But then there are also many scoffers and unbelievers who think that the earth will continue as it is, and are very skeptical that the end and the return of Jesus Christ to earth are very near. Nearly 2000 years ago, the apostle Peter wrote
‘Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation’ 2Pe2:3,4.
Since the first man Adam partook of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil Ge3:12, man has degenerated into a very evil being, filled with lusts, greed, corruption, and violence. Man is literally destroying himself and the earth, and has proven himself incapable of governing himself. We live in a very troubled world, and man’s capacity for wickedness knows no bounds. The Bible states God will ‘.. destroy them which destroy the earth’ Re11:18. We will soon see what it is like when mankind falls into the hands of an angry God. The wrath of God will soon be poured upon all mankind from the ‘cup of his indignation’ Re14:10. God will judge the earth with His fury. Heb10:31 states ‘It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God’, and Heb12:29, ‘For our God is a consuming fire’. After God’s judgment, Jesus Christ will then return and establish His millennial kingdom on earth as ‘KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS’ Re19:16.
About 2000 years ago, Jesus’ disciples asked him ‘what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?’ Mt24:3. This very provocative question is more appropriate today, and has a greater and more profound meaning than ever before. His disciples fully expected Jesus to leave them, but also to return as he had told them that he would Jn14:2,3. They did not know where He was going, how he was going to get there, and when He would return. But they sensed that the world was going to end soon, perhaps in their lifetime. The disciples’ world then was very small, perhaps no more than 2000 miles in any direction. The world today is in great economic upheaval with great strife among the nations, and the earth is experiencing great apocalyptic natural disasters- weather, earthquakes and tsunamis!
The Bible Details the Endtimes- Matthew 24, Mark 13, Luke 21 and the Book of Revelation
The Bible details the last days before Jesus’ return in these chapters and book. In Mt24:4-39, as signs of the endtimes, Jesus spoke of widespread deception, wars, famines and pestilences, and earthquakes in divers places. The endtimes are characterized by Jesus’ warnings of false Christs and false prophets, and of great spiritual deception Mt24:4,11,24. Jesus said there will be a great falling way due to immorality v12. He said ‘this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations and then shall the end come’v14. With air travel, radio, satellite TV coverage, and now the Internet, this prophecy of the spreading of the gospel of Jesus Christ to the world today has been greatly facilitated. Lk21:25,26 state ‘there will be ‘distress of nations, with perplexity.. Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory’. The Temple in Jerusalem will soon be rebuilt, and animal sacrifice restored. Then the Antichrist will cause the abomination of desolation, spoken by Daniel the prophet v15. Those in Judaea are told to flee into the mountains v16. Jesus said GREAT TRIBULATION such as the world has never experienced, shall then occur v21. Jesus will then return in that generation when all these things are fulfilled v34. The time of the end is sooner than most people think, and many will not be ready when Jesus returns!
Luke 21 adds more details regarding the time of the end. Jesus said the Jews shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled v24. This happened at the destruction of Jerusalem by Roman General Favius Titus in 70 AD. When the Jews returned to Israel in 1948, the times of the Gentiles were fulfilled. Jesus said there will be signs in the heavens and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men’s hearts will fail them for fear and looking after those things which are coming on the earth. The powers of heaven shall be shaken. Economic collapse will surely occur! Revelation also reveals of things which shall be hereafter during the endtimes Re1:19: the opening of the 7 seals, 7 trumpets, 7 vials of judgments; the fate of the endtime false church system MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS and ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH Re17:5; the collapse of the world economic system Re18. There will be a World War where over 1/4 to 1/3 of the world will be killed or destroyed Re6:8,8:8-11; and the rise of the Antichrist, the man of sin 2Th2:3,4,8-12, Re13:1 and his False Prophet v11. Then will be the time of the Great Tribulation that will last for 42 months v5, before the triumphant return of Jesus Christ to earth Jude14,15, Re19:11-16.
The apostle Paul also warns us that in the last days perilous times shall come. ‘For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof..’ 2Ti3:1-5. Also, increasing homosexuality; people filled with ‘all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents..’ Ro1:26-31. ‘They which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God’ Ga5:19-21.
The Return of Israel as a Nation- One of the Most Significant Endtime Signs
When Israel became a nation again on May 14, 1948, she allowed for the many prophecies written by the prophets by Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Zechariah, etc., to be fulfilled. After 2600 years of scattering (diaspora), because of her great suffering and the slaughter of 6 million of Jews in the Holocaust of WWII, the United Nations declared Israel a nation again and gave the Jews a homeland in the land of Palestine, a fulfillment of what God told Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and the prophets. Now Satan and the world’s hatred for Israel will also then bring forth the final war of Armageddon!
In Part II, we will look at some of the significant events that have occurred since the beginning of World War II, over the past 70 years, that signified that we are living in the endtimes, and what is yet to be fulfilled in this Last Age Before Jesus Returns! We will look at the mess that the world is in and why Jesus will come again in the Rapture, to deliver us from the wrath to come 1Th1:10!
To be continued soon… Part II to follow.