Jesus Is Coming Again- the Rapture, and the 2nd Coming
In previous posts, I wrote of the Signs of the Coming Antichrist- the Dark Knight Rising, and Why Jesus Came. In this post, we will also be looking at Why Jesus Is Coming Again and what He will accomplish as the KING OF KINGS, AND LORD of LORDS Re19:16.
As the whole world degenerates into increasing corruption, immorality, and sin, Jesus will deliver us from God’s wrath to come 1Th1:10. Jesus will take us to heaven in the Rapture as He promised in Jn14:3, even as He was also bodily taken up Ac1:11. This scene will soon be played out along with the economic collapse of all nations when God will pour out His anger on a reprobate world as in terrible scenes found in the book of Revelation.
There will be 42 months of great tribulation upon the earth under the tyrannical rule of the Antichrist. This period prior to Jesus’ return to earth will be a most brutal, horrific, and cataclysmic time in the history of mankind. Jesus said ‘For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved..’ Mt24:21,22. The world will be in Great Tribulation with millions upon millions of people slaughtered in wars and death due to thirst, starvation, pestilence, disease, and by great earthquakes and natural disaster. It would be the time of the world domination of the Antichrist and the False Prophet for 42 months Re13:5; an absolute dictatorial system of rule and religion, subjecting people to forced worship of the Antichrist, in an economic system unsurvivable unless one takes his 666 mark Re13:17. The resources of the earth will be greatly diminished and will be rationed! This is already beginning to happen. All forms of freedom will be taken from them, and all will suffer great deprivation, fear and oppression!
Jesus will then return the 2nd time to earth to battle the Antichrist and the False Prophet Re19:11-20 and cast both of them into a lake of fire. He will then have Satan bound and cast into the bottomless pit for a thousand years Re20:1,2, and will establish His glorious kingdom on earth Re20:4. Jesus said ‘And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory’ Mt24:30. He said ‘..Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory’ Lk21:25-27. Re 1:6 tells ‘Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him’. We will now look at scriptures of the soon coming of Jesus Christ!
Jesus Will Come to Deliver Us From the Wrath to Come
- Lk21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
- Lk21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
- Heb2:3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation..
- 1Th1:10 ..wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.
- 1Th5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Re3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
Jesus Will Come For Us In the Rapture- Our Blessed Hope
- Jn6:41 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
- Jn14:2,3 ..I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
- 1Th4:16,17 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
- Tit2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Jesus Will Come to Judge and Bring Judgment to the World
- Ps96:13 ..for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth.
- Mal3:2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth?
- Jn5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
- Ro14:10 ..for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
- 2Co5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; ..according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
- Jn9:39 ..For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.
- 2Pe3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
- Re11:18 ..the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged..
Jesus Will Come Again to Battle the Antichrist, the False Prophet, the Kings of the Earth, and their Armies
- Is13:9 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger..
- Zec12:9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
- Zec14:1-3 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh.. For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken ..Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations..
- Jude14 Enoch also, the 7th from Adam, prophesied.. Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints.
- Re19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
- Re19:19 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet .. both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
In this 2nd and final coming, Jesus Christ will fulfill all that is written of Him in the Bible; to establish God’s kingdom on earth, in righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost Ro14:17. All those who are called, and chosen, and faithful Re17:14, those who had part in the first resurrection, the Rapture 1Th4:16,17, the overcomers Re2:26,27 will then reign with Jesus for a thousand years Re20:6!
Please stay tuned! My next post will be JESUS, THE GREATEST PERSON THAT EVER LIVED! Thank you!
The Reasons For Jesus Coming to Earth
Knowing why Jesus came to earth is of utmost importance to our lives now and hereafter. There is a heaven to gain and a hell to shun, and it all depends upon what we do with this person Jesus that will determine where we will end up. We will look at scriptures on why Jesus came and why He is coming again to earth. It is all about God’s 7000-year plan for mankind as revealed in the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. The reason and purpose for Jesus Christ coming to earth are myriad, revelational, and eternal. The Bible states ‘..by one man (Adam) sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men’ Ro5:12. Jesus was sent by God to save us, by dying on the cross for our sins. Jn3:16,17 state ‘For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved’. This is the main reason why Jesus came to earth, but there are other reasons also.
Jesus came to reveal God to us, to heal the sick and to deliver us from the clutches of Satan, the devil, and to destroy his works. Jesus came to prepare the way so that He could then send the Holy Spirit to empower us to live and serve Him. Jesus will soon return secretly in the Rapture only for those faithful and ready in Christ, to receive them unto Himself in heaven. After that Jesus will return the 2nd time, to judge the world and to establish His kingdom on earth for a 1000 years!
Jesus Came to Save Sinners- Jesus Saves
- Mt1:21 ..call his name Jesus-for he shall save his people from their sins.
- Mt9:13 ..I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Also Mk2:17.
- Lk9:56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men’s lives, but to save them.
- Lk19:10 .. Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost. Also Mt 18:11.
- Jn12:47 I come not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Jesus Came to Reveal and Do the Father’s Will
- Jn1:18 ..the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
- Jn4:34 My meat is to do the will of him that sent me and to finish his work.
- Jn5:43 I am come in my Father’s name..
- Jn6:38 I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of Him that sent me.
- Jn17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
Jesus Came To Free Us By Bringing Us Truth, and To Give Us An Abundant and Eternal Life
- Jn1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
- Jn8:32 ..ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free. v36 if the Son therefore make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
- Jn14:6 ..I am the way, the truth and the life: no man cometh to the Father but by me.
- Jn10:10 ..I am come that they might have life and they might have it more abundantly.
- Mt20:28 ..the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
- Ro6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Jesus Came To Destroy the Works of the Devil
- Mk1:34 he healed many that were sick…and cast out many devils. Mk16:17 ..In my name ye shall cast out devils..
- Col2:15 having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
- 1Jn3:8 For this purpose the Son of God was manifested; that he might destroy the works of the devil.
Jesus Came to Preach, Reveal, Unveil and Announce the Gospel of the Kingdom of God
- Mt4:23 and 9:35 Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching.. preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease of the people.
- Mt6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
- Mk1:15 ..the time is fulfilled. The kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye and believe the gospel.
- Ac1:3 Jesus ..being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God.
- Ro14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
Other Reasons For Jesus Coming
- Mt5:17 ..I am not come to destroy the Law, but to fulfil it.
- Mt 10:34 I came not to send peace, but a sword.
- Lk 3:16 Jesus ..shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:
- Ac1:5 ..ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost..
- Lk12:49 I am come to send fire on the earth..v51 not peace on earth..but division.
- Jn9:39 For judgment I am come into this world..
- Lk4:18,19 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
Jesus fulfilled all of the above that God sent Him to do at His 1st coming. Jesus did exactly the will of God before He was taken back into heaven and is now sitting on the right hand of God in glory and power Mk16:19, Ac1:11. He paid the price for all of our sins by dying on the cross for us. He was resurrected to life, remained 40 days more on earth, and then was taken to heaven. Ten days later on the day of Pentecost, Jesus baptized 120 disciples with the Holy Spirit Ac2:1-4, as He had promised and also for those now living today Jn16:7, Ac1:5,8. By receiving the Holy Spirit, we then have power to witness Jesus and to take the Great Commission of the Gospel into all the world Ac1:8, Mk16:15. Before his crucifixion & ascension into heaven Ac1:9, Jesus had promised that He would return (secretly) one day in the Rapture, only for those who made themselves ready Ti2:13,14. Jesus said ‘.. I will come again, & receive you unto myself; that where I am (in heaven), there ye may be also’ Jn14:3. We will next look at scriptures regarding the Rapture, & the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ to earth.
End of Part I… To be continued!
Time Running Out On Mankind
Earlier, it was mentioned how the world will collapse under the huge amount of debt the major nations have already accumulated. America is a sterling example of deficit spending- borrowing to run a big federal government- for her growing social programs, and to fight no-win wars in far-off lands. Here is what has happened to the US national debt. It took 200 years for our nation to grow to $1 trillion in debt; then 10 years later 1986, $2 trillion. By 1992, it doubled to $4 trillion, and doubled again in 2005 to $8 trillion. Today in 2012, the US national debt is almost $16 trillion, representing about $50,000 per person for everyone living in America. Since Pres. Obama took office just 3 1/2 years ago, our national debt has ballooned over 60%, from $10 trillion to $16 trillion. (Source: theeconomiccollapseblog.com).
With just normal progression, where would you think the US national debt and the US$ will be in three or four years? Since Pres. Nixon in 1971 closed the ‘gold window’ for foreign nations to exchange their US$ into gold, the value of the US$ today is only worth 18 cents in purchasing power, and will continue to lose value due to excessive printing of US$ by the Federal Reserve Bank. The present US national debt situation is untenable, as nations of the world are dumping their weakening US$, and seeking another world reserve currency to replace the US$, which has been king since 1943. Before this happens, the US national debt will exceed $20 trillion and the US$ will be worth less than 10 cents. A financial collapse will certainly occur in the next few years, if not sooner!
Mankind’s 6000 Years Almost Over- Jesus Will Soon Return
The 6000-year period since Adam is significant because it signifies that we are living in the last days of mankind. The Bible speaks of the last days of mankind. Peter stated ‘that one day is with the Lord as a 1000 years, and a 1000 years as one day..’ 2Pe3:8,9. So by God’s own reckoning, from Adam till today is six days, or 6000 years. As God created the heavens and the earth in six days and rested on the 7th day, God will soon rest when Jesus Christ returns and establishes His millennial kingdom on earth. But before this happens, all the terrible judgments and woes cited in the book of Revelation will come to pass before He returns. There are many signs pointing to the last days. God has chosen the nation of Israel to reveal His timetable. A significant sign is the rebirth of the nation of Israel. On May 14, 1948, after 2500 years of foreign rule, the Jews returned to their homeland by a UN decree. In concession for the 6 million European Jews killed during WWII, the Jews were allowed to ingather from many nations into Israel. The prophet Isaiah rhetorically asked ‘Who hath heard such a thing? .. shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children’ Is66:8. In 1948, the nation of Israel was born at once. Another sign, Jesus foretold 2000 years ago, that the Jews then would ‘fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled’ Lk21:24. The destruction of Jerusalem happened in 70 AD under the Roman Emperor Titus, and the Jews were led captivity into all nations. But in the 1967 Six Day War, for the 1st time in 2500 years, Israel was able to regain control of Jerusalem from the Gentiles by miraculously defeating a superior multi-national force. Zech14:1-3 foretell of a final war involving all nations against Israel which will occur soon, and that ‘the Lord shall go forth and fight against those nations’. God promised Abraham, ‘And I will make of thee a great nation.. And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed’ Ge12:2,3. In the end, those nations that side with Israel will be blessed, and those against her will be cursed. Jesus will then reign from Jerusalem over the world for 1000 years. Here we see that God’s 7000-year plan for mankind is integrally and mysteriously tied in with the nation of Israel.
Another sign of the last days is the increase in man’s arrogance and immorality. Paul said ‘that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away’ 2Ti3:1-5 (very little repentance, salvation, healing, and deliverance in today’s churches). Still another key sign, Jesus foretold of rampant deception in the last days Mt24:4,5,11,24. Through deception by many false prophets and false christs, the churches today are in steep apostasy. Paul wrote speaking of the Antichrist, ‘that the day of Lord shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition’ 2Th2:3. We are certainly living in the last days before the return of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Satan’s 6000-Year Dominion Soon Coming To An End
Through the 6000 years of civilization, kingdoms have risen and fallen. Satan controlled all of them, using evil men to do his bidding. Satan even offered to give Jesus: ‘all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them.. will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me’ Mt4:8,9. The strong prey upon the weak; the mighty, the helpless. There have been countless wars, battles, and conflicts resulting in many deaths. Rapes, suicides, murders, and killings are common. People worship Satan, many false gods, and money. False religions and idolatry proliferate, keeping people in ignorance, and in fear and bondage. Sicknesses, diseases, famines, pestilence, and natural disasters are commonplace. Satan has killed many people, stolen many souls, and continues to destroy mankind Jn10:10. Satan has caused multitudes to go to hell. However, Satan’s dominion over mankind is soon coming to a close. The Bible states ‘Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time’ Re12:12. Jesus will soon return to battle the beast and the false prophet, and will cast them both into the lake of fire Re19:19,20. Then an angel from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit, and a great chain in his hand will bind Satan and cast him into the bottomless pit for a 1000 years Re20:1,2. When Satan is bound, this ends his 6000-year dominion over mankind, and he loses all his kingdoms. Re11:15 states ‘the kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever’. The 7th 1000-year of God’s plan for mankind as found in the Bible, the 7th day, the day of God’s rest, will then come to pass. A new age of righteousness, peace and joy is coming when Jesus, the Prince of Peace, returns to establish His kingdom on earth. Then after Jesus 1000-year reign, there will be a new heaven and a new earth for the first heaven and earth were passed away Re21:2. New Jerusalem, the holy city, the bride of Christ, will descend out of heaven from God Re21:2,9,10. Eternity will then begin!
God’s Plan For Mankind- a Holy People For Himself
In the process of the 6000 years of mankind since Adam, God has been calling a holy people unto Himself to be separated from the world, and to follow Him. To achieve that, God sent Jesus Christ to save us and to be our example. God then gave us His Holy Spirit to lead us; to be like Christ, and the Holy Bible to guide us in our walk. An acronym for the BIBLE is ‘Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth’; another, ‘Believers Instruction Book for Life Eternal’. Because God is Love 1Jn4:8, He wants to give us everything that He has. But because God is also Holy and Just, He is constrained to give it only to those that are holy and deserving. So this is the reason why God created us– to have more sons and daughters like Jesus Christ- to be His heirs. Ro8:16,17 state ‘we are the children of God.. heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together’. Ro8:29 says ‘For whom (God) did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that (Jesus) might be the firstborn among many brethren’. Re21:7 states ‘He that overcometh shall inherit all things, and I will be his God, and he shall be my son’. Mt25:34 says ‘Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world’. God wants us to reign with Jesus Christ in his millennial kingdom Re5:10. Finally, God wants to give us His glory Jn17:22, and for us to become like Him Ep3:19. Heb2:10 states ‘It became (God).. in bringing many sons unto glory..’. Our short time on earth is just a testing period for God to find out who is worthy to receive His glory. God is preparing a holy people unto Himself for eternity, which goes far beyond the Bible’s 7000-year account of God’s dealing with mankind. In short, God wants us to be like Him Ep3:19,1Jn3:2, and to give us everything that He has, including eternity- forever and ever. Amen!