Category Archives: Why Jesus Came and Why He Is Coming Again Part I
The Reasons For Jesus Coming to Earth
Knowing why Jesus came to earth is of utmost importance to our lives now and hereafter. There is a heaven to gain and a hell to shun, and it all depends upon what we do with this person Jesus that will determine where we will end up. We will look at scriptures on why Jesus came and why He is coming again to earth. It is all about God’s 7000-year plan for mankind as revealed in the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. The reason and purpose for Jesus Christ coming to earth are myriad, revelational, and eternal. The Bible states ‘..by one man (Adam) sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men’ Ro5:12. Jesus was sent by God to save us, by dying on the cross for our sins. Jn3:16,17 state ‘For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved’. This is the main reason why Jesus came to earth, but there are other reasons also.
Jesus came to reveal God to us, to heal the sick and to deliver us from the clutches of Satan, the devil, and to destroy his works. Jesus came to prepare the way so that He could then send the Holy Spirit to empower us to live and serve Him. Jesus will soon return secretly in the Rapture only for those faithful and ready in Christ, to receive them unto Himself in heaven. After that Jesus will return the 2nd time, to judge the world and to establish His kingdom on earth for a 1000 years!
Jesus Came to Save Sinners- Jesus Saves
- Mt1:21 ..call his name Jesus-for he shall save his people from their sins.
- Mt9:13 ..I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Also Mk2:17.
- Lk9:56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men’s lives, but to save them.
- Lk19:10 .. Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost. Also Mt 18:11.
- Jn12:47 I come not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Jesus Came to Reveal and Do the Father’s Will
- Jn1:18 ..the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
- Jn4:34 My meat is to do the will of him that sent me and to finish his work.
- Jn5:43 I am come in my Father’s name..
- Jn6:38 I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of Him that sent me.
- Jn17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
Jesus Came To Free Us By Bringing Us Truth, and To Give Us An Abundant and Eternal Life
- Jn1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
- Jn8:32 ..ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free. v36 if the Son therefore make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
- Jn14:6 ..I am the way, the truth and the life: no man cometh to the Father but by me.
- Jn10:10 ..I am come that they might have life and they might have it more abundantly.
- Mt20:28 ..the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
- Ro6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Jesus Came To Destroy the Works of the Devil
- Mk1:34 he healed many that were sick…and cast out many devils. Mk16:17 ..In my name ye shall cast out devils..
- Col2:15 having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
- 1Jn3:8 For this purpose the Son of God was manifested; that he might destroy the works of the devil.
Jesus Came to Preach, Reveal, Unveil and Announce the Gospel of the Kingdom of God
- Mt4:23 and 9:35 Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching.. preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease of the people.
- Mt6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
- Mk1:15 ..the time is fulfilled. The kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye and believe the gospel.
- Ac1:3 Jesus ..being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God.
- Ro14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
Other Reasons For Jesus Coming
- Mt5:17 ..I am not come to destroy the Law, but to fulfil it.
- Mt 10:34 I came not to send peace, but a sword.
- Lk 3:16 Jesus ..shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:
- Ac1:5 ..ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost..
- Lk12:49 I am come to send fire on the earth..v51 not peace on earth..but division.
- Jn9:39 For judgment I am come into this world..
- Lk4:18,19 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
Jesus fulfilled all of the above that God sent Him to do at His 1st coming. Jesus did exactly the will of God before He was taken back into heaven and is now sitting on the right hand of God in glory and power Mk16:19, Ac1:11. He paid the price for all of our sins by dying on the cross for us. He was resurrected to life, remained 40 days more on earth, and then was taken to heaven. Ten days later on the day of Pentecost, Jesus baptized 120 disciples with the Holy Spirit Ac2:1-4, as He had promised and also for those now living today Jn16:7, Ac1:5,8. By receiving the Holy Spirit, we then have power to witness Jesus and to take the Great Commission of the Gospel into all the world Ac1:8, Mk16:15. Before his crucifixion & ascension into heaven Ac1:9, Jesus had promised that He would return (secretly) one day in the Rapture, only for those who made themselves ready Ti2:13,14. Jesus said ‘.. I will come again, & receive you unto myself; that where I am (in heaven), there ye may be also’ Jn14:3. We will next look at scriptures regarding the Rapture, & the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ to earth.
End of Part I… To be continued!