THE COMING KINGDOM OF JESUS CHRIST
When Jesus began his ministry 2000 years ago, He declared ‘The time is fulfilled and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the Gospel’ Mk1:15. Then Jesus said ‘..seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you’ Mt6:33. But where is this kingdom of God that Jesus declared was at hand and where do we go to seek it? Is it in Israel or somewhere else? One needs to know where to look because everywhere else we look, the earth is covered with darkness, ‘and gross darkness the people‘ Is60:2.
So where is this kingdom that Jesus spoke of? The kingdom of God can be found in two places only– in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and only within us. When the religious Pharisees, who despised Jesus, demanded when the kingdom of God should come, Jesus said ‘the kingdom of God cometh not with observation.. for behold the kingdom of God is within you’ Lk17:20,21. God’s kingdom is not now a visible one, but exists only in His Word, and only within us spiritually. But one day soon, the kingdom of God, that is the kingdom of Jesus Christ, will be fully established on earth. Then we will be made kings and priests unto God Re5:10, to reign with Jesus over the nations for a 1000 years Re2:26,27,20:4.
This paper is written in the context that man’s kingdom and government is about to end, and be replaced by the kingdom of God. Man’s 6000-year rule since Adam has been abysmal, filled with gross corruption, violence, immorality, killings, and wars. Today, we also have the ability to destroy ourselves with nuclear weapons, chemical and biological warfare. God, who knows the end from the beginning, prophesied by His prophets, the end of man’s rule on earth, and the coming of His kingdom. Basically, this relates to questions that the disciples asked Jesus before he was crucified: ‘what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world’ Mt24:3. At the end of this world, Jesus will return to establish his millennial kingdom on earth.
To understand the kingdom of God message, we must understand that Satan is now ‘the god of this world’ 2Co4:4, who rules this world. There is an ongoing spiritual battle between God and Satan for our souls involving demonic spirits and evil men. This is why the apostle Paul said ‘Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places’ Ep6:12.
The Mystery of the Kingdom of God
Jesus said ‘..Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God..’ Mk4:11. Before creation Jn1:1-4, God desired to dwell on earth with man, in a kingdom to rule in, and where His name Jesus would be honored and glorified Php2:11. To jumpstart His plan, God first had to create the heavens, the angels, the earth, and then man. At first, God gave dominion of His kingdom to Adam and Eve. But through deceit, Satan the devil, stole the kingdom from them, and has since put all men under sin, slavery, and death. God then came to earth in the person of Jesus to save us from our sins Mt1:21, and one day, God will restore His kingdom on earth.
1Ti3:16 states ‘great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory’. This verse speaks of our Lord Jesus Christ, whose name God wants to be known by, to be worshipped and to be glorified Php2:9. God has also chosen Mt. Zion in the city of Jerusalem to one day establish His kingdom where He will reign from. David, wrote ‘For the LORD hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation. This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it’ Ps132:13,14. King Jesus will one day rule over the nations from Mt. Zion, and many people will come to be taught ‘of his ways, and we will walk in his paths..’ Is2:3.
God’s Kingdom on Earth- Stolen By Satan
In the beginning Ge1:26, God placed Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden and gave them dominion over all the animal and plant life Ge1:26. This kingdom of God was a simple one with Adam solely in charge. There were two, possibly only three people in this first kingdom– Adam and Eve, and the serpent. The serpent was like a man because he could reason and speak, and stood upright Ge3:1. In the beginning, there was only One law in God’s kingdom:‘thou shalt not eat of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil’ Ge2:17.
Because God is Good, good always existed. But evil was introduced into this world when Adam and Eve sinned. Ro5:12 states ‘Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned’. Only after their fall, the earth began to be populated, beginning with Cain, who later murdered his brother Abel. Satan stole God’s kingdom from Adam and Eve, and he now rules the world. But God’s redemptive plan for man’s salvation, and the recovery of His kingdom also began.
Satan’s Kingdom- 6000 Year Rule on Earth
Since Adam, Satan ruled the earth through evil men. After 1500 years of man’s existence, the earth became exceedingly corrupt, and filled with violence; ‘GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually’ Ge6:5. Things got so bad that it grieved God to have created man. God said ‘..I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth’ Ge6:7. This happened in the days of Noah when untold millions perished in the Great Flood, and only 8 people survived. All the earthly kingdoms then were totally destroyed.
But the earth was replenished again with people through the progeny of Noah’s three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth. Their wickedness, corruption, and violence continue even worse today. This will cause God to destroy the earth again. 2Pe3:10 tells ‘..the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night.. the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also..’. Ps46:6 states ‘The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted’.
That all the kingdoms of the world belonged to Satan can easily be proven. When Jesus began his ministry, he was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil for 40 days and nights. In one temptation, Satan took Jesus up into a high mountain and ‘shewed him all the kingdoms of the world’ Mt4:8. The devil said ‘All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve’ Mt4:9,10. By these verses and by all the evil, immorality, and atrocities all around us, we see that all the kingdoms of the world still belong to Satan. But God will soon wrest the kingdom from Satan, when Jesus Christ returns to do battle with Satan’s forces in the final battle of Armageddon Re16:16,19:19,20.
The Kingdom of God- A Most Important Message
The kingdom of God message is the most important message given by Jesus. After his death and resurrection, Jesus spent 40 extra days on earth to proclaim God’s kingdom. Ac1:3 states ‘..being seen of them 40 days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God’. In other words, Jesus was not finished preaching the kingdom of God message, but needed more time to reveal it. This message reveals God’s desire, plan and purpose on earth for mankind.
The kingdom of God message is all the sayings of Jesus Christ (highlighted in any red-lettered Bible), and all His deeds. It is the Gospel of Jesus Christ– what He said, what He did, and what He told us to do. It is also revealed in the Book of Acts– what the disciples said and did, and amplified in the 21 epistles of the New Testament– what we should do! Lastly, the kingdom of God message is hidden, but crowned in the depths of the Book of Revelation, which is the Revelation of Jesus Christ Re1:1.
John wrote ‘the kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever’ Re11:15. Jesus said ‘this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come’ Mt24:14. Nowhere in the Old Testament is the phrase the kingdom of God mentioned. Only after John the Baptist came, did Jesus preach and reveal the kingdom of God Lk16:16.
When we study the kingdom of God message, we gain insights into God’s endtime plan and purpose; what He wants for Himself, and for us. The kingdom of God has to do with kingdom living and kingdom principles under the Lordship of Jesus Christ. The kingdom of God deals with our relationship with God, and with one another. Jesus gave us a new commandment– to love one another as He loved us Jn13:34. Though Jesus proclaimed the kingdom of God was at hand 2000 years ago, we can see the kingdom of God is still not fully here yet. But one day soon, the kingdom of God shall be fully restored.
The Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of Heaven Are Synonymous
Though some Bible teachers try to explain, there is no difference between ‘the kingdom of God’ and ‘the kingdom of heaven’. They are the same! Matthew is the only gospel writer that used both phrases ‘the kingdom of heaven’ (32 times), and ‘the kingdom of God’ (5). All the other writers– Mark, Luke, John, and Paul, used only the phrase ‘the kingdom of God’, found 69 times in the New Testament. For example, the parable of the Sower: It is found in three of the Gospels– Matthew 13, Mark 4, and Luke 8. While Matthew spoke of the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, Mark and Luke both spoke of the same parable as the mysteries of the kingdom of God. When quoting Jesus, Matthew wrote ‘the kingdom of heaven is at hand’ Mt4:17, while Mark said ‘the kingdom of God is at hand’ Mk1:15.
The Kingdom of God Is Within Us By the Baptism With the Holy Ghost
Lk17:21 states ‘The kingdom of God is within you’. Jesus instructed us; ‘After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven’ Mt6:9. Jesus said to pray for God’s kingdom to come, and His will be done in earth. God’s kingdom has not fully arrived yet, but Jesus said to pray that it comes in us, and His will be done in us.
Today, God’s kingdom is only within us by the Baptism with the Holy Ghost that Jesus said He would send Jn16:7. Jesus said ‘For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence’ Ac1:5. This was fulfilled on the day of Pentecost when 120 disciples were filled with the Holy Ghost and spoke with tongues in Jerusalem Ac2:1-4; and the Baptism with the Holy Ghost continues in us even today, in these last days Ac2:16,17.
Paul wrote ‘Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?’ 1Co3:16. He said ‘For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost’. Here we see the importance of the Baptism with the Holy Ghost, and for us to have righteousness, and peace, and joy in our lives. Ac17:24 states ‘God that made the world and all things therein.. he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands’. We are the ‘temple of the Holy Ghost’ 1Co6:19 (not made with hands); for ‘the kingdom of God is within (us)’ Lk17:21.
Jesus Came Preaching the Kingdom of God
Jesus preached the message of kingdom living called the Beatitudes or the Sermon of the Mount in the hills of Capernaum, Galilee. In the Beatitudes, Jesus said the kingdom of God belongs to the deprived and distressed, those suffering hardship, the humble, they that hunger and thirst after righteousness, the merciful, the pure in heart, the peacemakers, those persecuted for righteousness sake, and those reviled and persecuted for serving Him Mt5:3-12. Jesus said we will be blessed and rewarded accordingly one day.
Jesus also taught other important kingdom living principles: love one another, have kindness, holiness, faith, honesty, pray, seek God rather than money, do good, judge not, forgive others, serve others, etc. Besides our personal salvation, the kingdom of God also includes healing, deliverance, miracles, and provisions, those things that Jesus did when preaching the Gospel of the kingdom. Paul wrote ‘the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power’ 1Co4:20.
How To Inherit the Kingdom of God- Repent and Believe the Gospel
Jesus told us what we must do to inherit the kingdom: ‘repent ye and believe the Gospel’ Mk1:15. What is repentance, and what is the Gospel? Repentance means to turn away from our sins, and turn to God! The Gospel is the good news of the coming kingdom of God and of the salvation of our souls. Jesus said ‘..Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.. Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God’ Jn3:3,5. We must be ‘born again’ to understand the things of God, and except we are water and Spirit baptized, we cannot enter into God’s kingdom. Ga3:27 tells ‘For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ’. When we put on Christ, the kingdom of God is within us, and we can then enter into His kingdom!
Paul wrote ‘Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God’ 1Co6:9,10. Re21:8 adds ‘But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone..’. To not inherit the kingdom of God means to be doomed forever in the lake of fire.
The only way to inherit the kingdom of God is to repent, ask God for forgiveness, and to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. 1Jn1:9 states‘If we confess our sins, (God) is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness’. This is the Gospel of Christ Ro1:16– repent of our sins, and accept Jesus Christ as Saviour in order to have a part in His kingdom.
The Rise of the Antichrist Kingdom
Before Jesus returns, the kingdom of the Antichrist will be in full force for 42 months during the Great Tribulation. The Antichrist, the incarnate of Satan, will rule the earth in the New World Order and through his false religion. The false prophet, the surrogate of the Antichrist, will cause the world to worship him, and to take the mark of the beast, in order to buy or sell Re13:11-18. The coming Antichrist kingdom is known as ‘MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS and ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH’ Re17:5. ‘For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies’ Re18:3. Jesus will then return to battle and cast the Antichrist and the false prophet into a lake of fire Re19:20; and also bind Satan for a 1000 years Re20:2.
The Soon Coming Kingdom of Jesus Christ
The coming kingdom of Jesus Christ is the kingdom of God Jesus first mentioned. After man’s 6000-year rule, Jesus will finally establish His own kingdom on earth. This prophecy made by Isaiah 700 years before Christ will then be fulfilled: ‘For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end.. to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever..’ Is9:6,7.
Jesus ‘shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more’ Is2:4. People will live to a ripe age, build homes, plant vineyards and eat the fruit of them Is65:20,21. ‘The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw, like the bullock..’ Is65:25.
Jesus said ‘.. it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom’. Jesus will give the Overcomers Re2:26,27, power over the nations, and together ‘they shall rule them with a rod of iron..’ Re19:15. King Jesus will say ‘Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world’ Mt25:34. The Overcomers Re3:21 will also sit on thrones to judge the nations; and they ‘lived and reigned with Christ a 1000 years’ Re20:4. Jesus will reign from ‘Mt. Zion.. the city of the great King‘ Ps48:2; ‘And of his kingdom there shall be no end’ Lk1:33. AMEN!
Jesus Is Coming Again- the Rapture, and the 2nd Coming
In previous posts, I wrote of the Signs of the Coming Antichrist- the Dark Knight Rising, and Why Jesus Came. In this post, we will also be looking at Why Jesus Is Coming Again and what He will accomplish as the KING OF KINGS, AND LORD of LORDS Re19:16.
As the whole world degenerates into increasing corruption, immorality, and sin, Jesus will deliver us from God’s wrath to come 1Th1:10. Jesus will take us to heaven in the Rapture as He promised in Jn14:3, even as He was also bodily taken up Ac1:11. This scene will soon be played out along with the economic collapse of all nations when God will pour out His anger on a reprobate world as in terrible scenes found in the book of Revelation.
There will be 42 months of great tribulation upon the earth under the tyrannical rule of the Antichrist. This period prior to Jesus’ return to earth will be a most brutal, horrific, and cataclysmic time in the history of mankind. Jesus said ‘For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved..’ Mt24:21,22. The world will be in Great Tribulation with millions upon millions of people slaughtered in wars and death due to thirst, starvation, pestilence, disease, and by great earthquakes and natural disaster. It would be the time of the world domination of the Antichrist and the False Prophet for 42 months Re13:5; an absolute dictatorial system of rule and religion, subjecting people to forced worship of the Antichrist, in an economic system unsurvivable unless one takes his 666 mark Re13:17. The resources of the earth will be greatly diminished and will be rationed! This is already beginning to happen. All forms of freedom will be taken from them, and all will suffer great deprivation, fear and oppression!
Jesus will then return the 2nd time to earth to battle the Antichrist and the False Prophet Re19:11-20 and cast both of them into a lake of fire. He will then have Satan bound and cast into the bottomless pit for a thousand years Re20:1,2, and will establish His glorious kingdom on earth Re20:4. Jesus said ‘And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory’ Mt24:30. He said ‘..Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory’ Lk21:25-27. Re 1:6 tells ‘Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him’. We will now look at scriptures of the soon coming of Jesus Christ!
Jesus Will Come to Deliver Us From the Wrath to Come
- Lk21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
- Lk21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
- Heb2:3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation..
- 1Th1:10 ..wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.
- 1Th5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Re3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
Jesus Will Come For Us In the Rapture- Our Blessed Hope
- Jn6:41 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
- Jn14:2,3 ..I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
- 1Th4:16,17 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
- Tit2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Jesus Will Come to Judge and Bring Judgment to the World
- Ps96:13 ..for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth.
- Mal3:2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth?
- Jn5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
- Ro14:10 ..for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
- 2Co5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; ..according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
- Jn9:39 ..For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.
- 2Pe3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
- Re11:18 ..the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged..
Jesus Will Come Again to Battle the Antichrist, the False Prophet, the Kings of the Earth, and their Armies
- Is13:9 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger..
- Zec12:9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
- Zec14:1-3 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh.. For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken ..Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations..
- Jude14 Enoch also, the 7th from Adam, prophesied.. Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints.
- Re19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
- Re19:19 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet .. both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
In this 2nd and final coming, Jesus Christ will fulfill all that is written of Him in the Bible; to establish God’s kingdom on earth, in righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost Ro14:17. All those who are called, and chosen, and faithful Re17:14, those who had part in the first resurrection, the Rapture 1Th4:16,17, the overcomers Re2:26,27 will then reign with Jesus for a thousand years Re20:6!
Please stay tuned! My next post will be JESUS, THE GREATEST PERSON THAT EVER LIVED! Thank you!
The Reasons For Jesus Coming to Earth
Knowing why Jesus came to earth is of utmost importance to our lives now and hereafter. There is a heaven to gain and a hell to shun, and it all depends upon what we do with this person Jesus that will determine where we will end up. We will look at scriptures on why Jesus came and why He is coming again to earth. It is all about God’s 7000-year plan for mankind as revealed in the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. The reason and purpose for Jesus Christ coming to earth are myriad, revelational, and eternal. The Bible states ‘..by one man (Adam) sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men’ Ro5:12. Jesus was sent by God to save us, by dying on the cross for our sins. Jn3:16,17 state ‘For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved’. This is the main reason why Jesus came to earth, but there are other reasons also.
Jesus came to reveal God to us, to heal the sick and to deliver us from the clutches of Satan, the devil, and to destroy his works. Jesus came to prepare the way so that He could then send the Holy Spirit to empower us to live and serve Him. Jesus will soon return secretly in the Rapture only for those faithful and ready in Christ, to receive them unto Himself in heaven. After that Jesus will return the 2nd time, to judge the world and to establish His kingdom on earth for a 1000 years!
Jesus Came to Save Sinners- Jesus Saves
- Mt1:21 ..call his name Jesus-for he shall save his people from their sins.
- Mt9:13 ..I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Also Mk2:17.
- Lk9:56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men’s lives, but to save them.
- Lk19:10 .. Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost. Also Mt 18:11.
- Jn12:47 I come not to judge the world, but to save the world.
Jesus Came to Reveal and Do the Father’s Will
- Jn1:18 ..the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
- Jn4:34 My meat is to do the will of him that sent me and to finish his work.
- Jn5:43 I am come in my Father’s name..
- Jn6:38 I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of Him that sent me.
- Jn17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
Jesus Came To Free Us By Bringing Us Truth, and To Give Us An Abundant and Eternal Life
- Jn1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
- Jn8:32 ..ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free. v36 if the Son therefore make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
- Jn14:6 ..I am the way, the truth and the life: no man cometh to the Father but by me.
- Jn10:10 ..I am come that they might have life and they might have it more abundantly.
- Mt20:28 ..the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
- Ro6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Jesus Came To Destroy the Works of the Devil
- Mk1:34 he healed many that were sick…and cast out many devils. Mk16:17 ..In my name ye shall cast out devils..
- Col2:15 having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
- 1Jn3:8 For this purpose the Son of God was manifested; that he might destroy the works of the devil.
Jesus Came to Preach, Reveal, Unveil and Announce the Gospel of the Kingdom of God
- Mt4:23 and 9:35 Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching.. preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease of the people.
- Mt6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
- Mk1:15 ..the time is fulfilled. The kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye and believe the gospel.
- Ac1:3 Jesus ..being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God.
- Ro14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
Other Reasons For Jesus Coming
- Mt5:17 ..I am not come to destroy the Law, but to fulfil it.
- Mt 10:34 I came not to send peace, but a sword.
- Lk 3:16 Jesus ..shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:
- Ac1:5 ..ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost..
- Lk12:49 I am come to send fire on the earth..v51 not peace on earth..but division.
- Jn9:39 For judgment I am come into this world..
- Lk4:18,19 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
Jesus fulfilled all of the above that God sent Him to do at His 1st coming. Jesus did exactly the will of God before He was taken back into heaven and is now sitting on the right hand of God in glory and power Mk16:19, Ac1:11. He paid the price for all of our sins by dying on the cross for us. He was resurrected to life, remained 40 days more on earth, and then was taken to heaven. Ten days later on the day of Pentecost, Jesus baptized 120 disciples with the Holy Spirit Ac2:1-4, as He had promised and also for those now living today Jn16:7, Ac1:5,8. By receiving the Holy Spirit, we then have power to witness Jesus and to take the Great Commission of the Gospel into all the world Ac1:8, Mk16:15. Before his crucifixion & ascension into heaven Ac1:9, Jesus had promised that He would return (secretly) one day in the Rapture, only for those who made themselves ready Ti2:13,14. Jesus said ‘.. I will come again, & receive you unto myself; that where I am (in heaven), there ye may be also’ Jn14:3. We will next look at scriptures regarding the Rapture, & the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ to earth.
End of Part I… To be continued!